I was going to file a joint return and decided it is beneficial to file alone I need to delete my husbands social security benefits. I followed the instructions on the frequently asked questions and the tabs don't exist or I can't locate them
To delete your husband's SSA-1099:
- Go Tax Tools > Tools > Topic Search (bottom-left corner)
- In the search bar, type in ssa1099 and then click GO.
- Delete the dollar amounts listed under your husband's name.
- If his income is the only SSA income listed, uncheck the box Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)
- Proceed through the rest of the interview.