The software is not letting me file because it says I need to correct the amount paid to child dependent care. I paid nothing so I put "0".

We do not qualify for child dependent care because our kids are in school so it doesn't apply anyway.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Deductions & credits

Removing the dependent care credit is a two-step process.  You need to also delete the form 2441.  Follow these instructions to remove form 2441 and all associated information in TurboTax Online: 

1. Go back to the child care credit section. (type 'child care credit' into the search box)
  2. At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2016? screen, answer Yes. (Even though it doesn't make sense.)
  3. Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes. Click Continue.                                                  
  4. In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools and then select Delete a Form from the options listed.
  5. Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
  6. Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted. Click Continue.
  7. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure 2441 no longer appears on the list.

This will remove the error and allow you to file.