I'm trying to file for a foreign earned income exclusion using the physical presence test. I entered the dates I've been in the country and it says my date was not valid?

I moved to Amsterdam March 31, 2016 and tried to input today's date.
GeoffreyG

Deductions & credits

The answer to your question is that this particular interview screen is rather "touchy" in that you must enter an exact date interval that adds up to 365 days (which is one calendar year), in order to properly fill out the IRS Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.

Your 330 days spent abroad to meet the IRS's Physical Presence Test must furthermore be within the 365 day range that you input into the data field; but the interval itself must span exactly 365 days (not 330 days).

Stated differently, if you spent 330 days (or more) overseas, in Amsterdam, beginning on 03/31/16, you will want to enter 03/30/17 as your "ending" date in the TurboTax interview.  Please see the screen capture image directly below this text for a visual illustration; simply click the image to open.

That should allow you to continue with the rest of the Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion interview, and move beyond this issue.

Thank you for asking about this.