New Member

Im a foreign student that came in to work with a J1 visa for 3 months in 2016-17. Should I select Utah for residency in 2016 or my home country?

Im almost done, but since I selected residency in Utah in December 2016 Im I can’t find an option to declare that I am NOT a US resident
Level 7

Deductions & credits

if that was your only time in the US, you are a nonresident alien and would need to file form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ plus form 8843 for your federal return. These are not supported by Turbotax, so you cannot use Turbotax to prepare your return.

Have a look at publication 519:

View solution in original post