Where do I go to change an answer? I do not have an HSA or MSA but a FSA. Where do I update this information?

Where do I go on  the form to correct MSA or HSA information?
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

Use the following steps to go to the section of your return to indicate that you do not have a Health Savings Account.  You do not report any information in your return with regard to your medical FSA.

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “hsa” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to hsa
  • Click on the blue “Jump to hsa” link 

​​​​​​​@cscott2911

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Deductions & credits

Thank you for the reply; unfortunately it did not answer my question.

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

Since you stated that you do not have an HSA or MSA, the instructions above will allow you to be sure that you did not accidentally indicate that you do that one of those accounts.  

If you have an FSA for medical expenses, there is nothing that is reported on your tax return with regard to the FSA.  You do not need to enter it anywhere.  The only consideration for the FSA is that you should not enter any medical expenses that were reimbursed by the FSA.  Otherwise, it is not reported at all.  

@cscott2911

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"