New Member

I was a delivery driver, can I claim mileage or car depreciation for a credit if i do not have the receipts?

Working for Papa Johns so they have record of my mileage but I bought new tires and replaced sensors but have since thrown away the receipts
New Member

Deductions & credits

If your work place has the mileage you can enter that, but to claim the other items you will need the costs. If you paid with a debit or credit card, you can check your statement online to see those transaction costs, or you could possibly contact the stores to see if they have that information. Either way you will want to be able to have some way to reference the costs in case of an audit.

To Enter Your Vehicle Expenses:

1. Select "Federal" at the top of the page

2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab

3. Scroll down to "Employment Expenses" and select "Show More"

4. Select "Start" next to "Job-Related Expenses"

Visit this link for more information on work expenses: Job-related Expenses