samardas

Turbotax Premier for Tax Year 2019

For the 2019 tax year, can I use the Turbotax Premier to file more than one state return for the same state (CA)? I filled out one Federal Tax Return and I know I can do up to five. However, when I tried to do the State return, it is saying only one is allowed. I used to be able to do one e-file for the state and one print & mail for another person for the state. Is it different this year? I see an additional payment of $45 is required to do more than one state return. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help!

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Yes, the charge for an additional state return is correct.  The Download/CD versions of TurboTax now include the following:

• Preparation and printing of unlimited federal returns
  • E-file of up to five federal tax returns
  • Preparation for one state return
  • Preparation for additional states and e-filing of your state returns is available for an additional fee
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
samardas

State tax filing

Thanks a lot for the reply.

However, can I print the blank forms for the State and fill out by hand and mail? If so, where can I get the forms? I think $45 on top of $65 I paid for the Premier is just a ripoff. I have been using Turbotax for years and never had to pay additional fees for doing the State return for two (I understand e-file for more than one was always chargeable). Thanks again