Can you help ? form to file for stimulus checks .for those of us that do not work or need to file taxes . care giver to father ?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Even with no income, you may be eligible for the stimulus payment.

You do not have to file a tax return and can register on this TurboTax webpage for the stimulus payment.

Edited 04/07/2020  |  11:43 PM

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

i have worked before just not in the past 4yrs . social security will start in October this year . thanks for reply

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Even with no income, you may be eligible for the stimulus payment.

You do not have to file a tax return and can register on this TurboTax webpage for the stimulus payment.

Edited 04/07/2020  |  11:43 PM

State tax filing

why is that ? i thought every American was eligible for the stimulus check even if they had not filed taxes in some time . i thought even if you work some but do not meet the threshold  to file , that u were eligible  ? very confusing !!

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

I apologize for the confusion.  The information provided is still changing as far as who is eligible, if you need to file a return, etc.

You may still be eligible for the stimulus payment.

Use the link below to register.  This information will be transmitted to the IRS so they have your most recent information.

Stimulus check calculator

If they determine you are eligible to receive a stimulus payment, they will have your most up to date information and will be able to send you a payment if you qualify.

I also recommend checking the IRS website link below for updates periodically.  

Stimulus payment information from the IRS

State tax filing

thanks !! i feel for you guys in an ever changing environment  . now a days hang in there