Cokes4Me

Parent passed away and AIG is not being recognized for other parent

I filed my mother's taxes earlier today.  My father passed away in February 2019.  His has always been the first name on the return. I moved my mother into the first position.  The return has been rejected because either: "IND-032-04 - 'SpoucePriorYearPIN' OR 'SpousePriorYearAIGAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."

I have looked again and the AIG for my parents 2018 return is properly entered.  Is there something else to check or do I need to print and mail it in?

Thank you!

Suzanne 

Cokes4Me

State tax filing

correction:  AGI (adjusted gross income) Not AIG

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You don't have to reverse the primary and secondary taxpayers. When you enter your father's date of death, TurboTax will automatically remove your father as the primary taxpayer and your mother will be the primary taxpayer for tax year 2020 and beyond. 

If the return is being rejected, even though you verified the AGI, it's most likely a Social Security Administration (SSA) issue. The SSA has locked your father's Social Security number to prevent fraud and that will prevent their tax return from being e-filed. 

• Print the return, have your mother sign it, and mail it in. Don’t forget to also print and mail their state return.

Source: Opus17

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"