You'll need to edit your Ohio state tax return in TurboTax:
- Sign in to your TurboTax account
- Click on Take me to my return button
- Select the State tab (on left)
- Click on Continue, then Edit to update your information.
- Continue past any data that you know is correct, until you come to A few things before we wrap up your state taxes.
- Near the bottom of this page, you'll see Ohio city taxes; click Revisit. You'll have the opportunity to correct relevant data.
If you’re unable to correct the data by going back to that section of your state return, your best bet may be to clear your state return and start it over.
Please see the TurboTax Help article “How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?” or "How do I clear my state return in the TurboTax for Windows software?" as appropriate for guidance.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
You can also change it at the W-2 screen (box 18) in the federal section. What ever you enter in box 18 transfers to RITA; but you are given a chance to change it in the RITA section of the Ohio software.