bjc1310

How DO YOU ADD TWO CITIES for local tax? Columbus & Delaware, OH

I work I Delaware and Live in Columbus. How do I input the local tax held for both cities?
You do not understand! 
RE:City tax line 19-20
Line 19 Local Income Tax  700.00  
Line 20 Locality  Delaware 
Then have local income tax 267.00
Locality    Columbus
This for Federal reporting. Not concerned with how I report to City.
How do I report this on turbo tax?
Hal_Al
Level 15

State tax filing

Use two lines at the W-2 screen, for boxes 15-20.

On the first line Put the state info in boxes 15- 17 and Columbus in boxes 18-20.

On the 2nd line, put OH in box 15, leave 16 & 17 blank and put the Delaware info in boxes 18-20.

You normally only have to file a return in the city you live in. It is not necessary to file one in the city you work in, if different. Your employer will remit withholding to the city you work in, but you do not file a return unless you're claiming a refund or your employer didn't withhold enough ( both highly unusual). The city you live in will allow a credit or partial credit for the withheld tax you paid to the work location city. 

TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare a city return, you must initiate it. At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled 
 "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to Ohio City taxes. 

You  cannot efile a city return.  It must be printed and mailed.

Columbus is not a RITA or CCA city, but Columbus will accept a CCA form.

I actually find it easier to fill out a city return by hand or at the city, CCA or RITA web site, than to use TT. Things don't happen automatically and you need to know what you’re doing. The actual  RITA/city forms are easier to follow than the TT interview.  

https://www.columbus.gov/incometaxdivision/

View solution in original post