New Member

Where do I enter New York State estiamted taxes paid during 2016

I have a K-1 from New York, and during 2016 I made $985 estimated tax payments, but when I am filling out the non-resident tax form for New York I cannot find where to add that.  It is showing that I have an underpayment tax penalty which is not correct.  How can I enter that.
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

State estimated payments are entered in Deductions & Credits section, they are not entered directly on the state return. Please visit this section, using steps below. Once entered, the information will transfer to the state tax return.

  1. Federal Taxes
  2. Deductions & Credits
  3. Scroll down to Estimates and Other taxes Paid
  4. Select Estimates 
  5. Select State estimated taxes for 2016