Your state return(s) will show a status of incomplete if you e-filed your federal return by itself (or with another state). If your federal return has been accepted you can e-file your state return. E-filing a state by itself is only allowed once a federal return is accepted.
To complete your state taxes in TurboTax Online:
- Sign into your TurboTax Online account.
- Go to My Account then select My Tax Timeline.
- Scroll down to the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state (You are not actually adding a State, this will allow access back into the program).
- Click on the State Taxes tab.
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with State.
- Continue through the screens to review and file your state taxes.
- You may want to review the State Taxes section to confirm the return is complete.