New Member

If I live in Wisconsin but work in Minnesota, how do state taxes work?

New Member

State tax filing

You will have to file a non-resident state tax return for Minnesota to report the income that you earned while working in the state.  In the Personal Info section of TurboTax, you will need to select that you earned money in another state.  You will want to file your Non-Resident Minnesota return first, before doing your Wisconsin resident tax return.  That way any taxes you paid to Minnesota can be credited to what you owe for Wisconsin.

Here is more information on filing a Non-Resident return.