bombeoc

I moved to CO 19th of Jan 2018. I got paid in CA by Jan 15th, and my first salary in CO by Jan 31st. Am I a Part Year resident or Full Year resident in Tax year 2018?

Leonard
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

You are considered a part-year resident because you moved into the state in 2018. A part-year resident is an individual who was a Colorado resident for only part of the tax year. This includes a person who moved into Colorado during the tax year with the intention of making it their home and a Colorado resident who moved out of Colorado during the tax year with the intention of making their home elsewhere.  The link below has information from the Colorado Department of Revenue that you may find useful.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income6.pdf

bombeoc

State tax filing

@TurboTaxLeonard Thanks. I asked because after I review my income tax for Colorado, Turbotax was asking me to change it to Full-Year Resident. The form only accepts MM/YY values, and I placed 01/18 to 12/18.
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

Your welcome
bombeoc

State tax filing

@TurboTaxLeonard I can't complete my e-file because of this issue, Turbotax is asking me to change to Full-Year Resident because I placed 01/18 to 12/18. Is there a way around to this?
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

Enter as 02/18 to 12/18 as the dates
bombeoc

State tax filing

@TurboTaxLeonard ok. Now it works. Thanks!