Do Box 1 and 2 need to be completed for 2015 (not 2016) 1098-T?

The program asked me about my 2015 1098-T. I clicked "Yes" for an amount in Box 2 and "Yes" for Box 7 being checked. When I clicked "Continue", the next page said that they noticed that I didn't enter amounts for Box 1 or 2. Does this refer to my 2015 or 2016 1098-T? Thanks.
ChrisJ

After you file

When were you asked about last year's 1098-T?
Carl
Level 15

After you file

Chris, I'm not sure, but I think that if on the 2015 1098-T if box 5 exceeded box 1 or 2 and you indicated the excess was for the next calendar year, it caries over and doesn't report an 'excess" scholarship amount as taxable on line 21. But that doesn't explain why the program would ask for the amount in box 2 of that 2015 form, unless the amount of box 5 was already imported.
ChrisJ

After you file

After entering your 1098-T, you may be asked 'Did you receive any of the following tax free benefits last year?' Last year = current tax year.

TurboTax wants to know if the amount in Box 5 of form 1098-T included GI, Veterans', or employer assistance. If yes, enter how much.

The program is asking you about the Box 1 or 2 values for this current tax year.

If you are trying to file a prior year 1098-T, you have to file a return for the year indicated on your form.