I want to download a detailed copy of all information used to create my return (i.e. a detailed copy).
We can tell you how to get a PDF containing the return and all the worksheets and summary pages by going to the Print Center. The steps depend on whether you have already filed the return, or if it is still in preparation. If your return is still in preparation, it will ask you to pay first before you can download the PDF.
If you've already filed, or if you haven't filed, but TurboTax thinks you were finished, your return interview may be closed. If it is, then use these steps to open the return interview back up to get to the Print Center.
NOTE: When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed. If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed. If you haven't yet actually filed the return, you can make any changes prior to filing.
- Log in, and if your return interview is closed because TurboTax thinks you were finished, then at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
- Click on "Add a State." (you don't really add one. That's just to open your return back up.)
- After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
- Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
- The next screen should offer some options: "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
- The latter has the most pages.
NOTE: Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc. Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.