jdphazy

When will i get my return that was excepted feb 12th?

Its april 3rd.

After you file

Man there's no telling its different for some people. Right now its suppose to be backed up because of the Stimulus. Which I don't see why Stimulus affects it because we do are taxes and get our returns back the same way every year for the last 5 to 10 years. I can share with you what I've posted on others similar questions

My Federal Refund:

Return Status: Accepted 02/23/2021

And it said Estimated federal refund date 03/16/21 and its4/3/2021 and the phone number to call the IRS is impossible to get through. I've spent 3 hrs. on hold 2 times. And the Where's my Refund Tool is useless every time i check it they update it once a day between midnight and 6 am. But it always says the same thing 

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

A lot of taxpayers are in the same situation as you due to the IRS backlog right now. Although The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, some returns take more time to review. In addition, the IRS is processing millions of returns, as well as stimulus checks, and they are doing everything they can to be as prompt as possible. 

To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site. You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

@jdphazy

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I keep reading about how this stimulus check is affecting the tax return which I don't understand how the stimulus check is affecting our tax return? Or how it affects the people who don't qualify for it but have been accepted for my tax return. Tax returns are done the same way and on the same day every year. Which has been the same routine for the past 10 years if not more. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

After you file

The stimulus payments are affecting processing in a number of ways.  IRS employee resources are being diverted to processing those payments rather than tax returns and to answering heavy volumes of calls about the payments. 

Also,  more tax returns than typical for a given year are being diverted to manual queues due to mismatches between the amount a taxpayer reports as received in stimulus payments and the amounts shown as paid in the IRS database.  

The IRS no longer issues refunds on a specific day each week.  This practice was discontinued several years ago. Refunds are issued on every business day.

Overall processing is taking longer this year due to continued backlogs and staffing shortages.  The delays are not entirely due to the stimulus payments. 

@winns91 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"