New Member

Can I receive a refund if Im a landlord?

Level 3

After you file

If that is your only source of income and you are not considered a real estate professional, you would not have income that would allow you to receive refundable tax credits as you have to have earned income to get them. 

If you overpaid estimated taxes on your rental income then yes, or worked in addition to be a landlord, then yes you could get a refund if your tax liability was less than taxes paid. Otherwise, no.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post