Purcyb2

Tax Audit amended my 2019 Fed return very slightly. Will the 2019 return that populates TurboTax show these changes?

Will the 2019 return that populates TurboTax show my amended return? Tax Audit did the paperwork.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

Help me understand, please.  You filed your original 2019 return using TurboTax, then used Tax Audit to prepare and mail your amended return for 2019?

If that's the case, your return you filed using TurboTax will not reflect the changes you made using Tax Audit.  But you should have a copy of your amended 2019 return from Tax Audit, and can use that return to prepare your 2020 return.  Typically, unless you have things such as carryovers, business assets that you're depreciating, or rental expenses (not an exhaustive list), your 2019 return should be complete and "closed" once your amended return has been accepted by the IRS.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

After you file

some items for 2020 are based on the return as originally filed such as adjusted gross income and tax liability for underpayment of estimated tax.  any carryover would be per the amended return, if they changed,  as accepted by the IRS.