Paper return showing no info on IRS website

Need help, please. Had to paper file based on an issue with a dependent's SS# that was verified as correct. (TurboTax support recommended paper filling).

Mailed return early April AT our Post Office via First Class mail. State and local returns also mailed at the same time (returns already received via direct deposit). Still have not received Federal refund and no info is listed on the IRS Check My Return website or via the automated phone system. 

Do I refile our Federal Return? Is there a phone number I can call to reach a real person at the IRS?

I don't want to get in trouble for not filing. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

In March the IRS stopped processing mailed tax returns because of the Covid-19 pandemic. They are just now starting to process them again, but they have limited staff and a huge backlog, so it will be quite a while before your tax return is processed or any status information is available. An IRS spokesperson recently said that they have about 11 million pieces of unopened mail.

The IRS web site says the following.

"We're experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

"Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return."

After you file

Thank you so much for your help. I was getting panicky that I was going to get in trouble for not filing.