mcterrymc

Think I messed up; I'm just trying to register for my stimulus check; I am not required to file taxes ; how do I correct this I have stared

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

After you file

If you are on our stimulus website, you should just go through and answer the questions.

• Did you submit a return?
  • Did you post any income?
  • If you already submitted the return, is your name, address, SSN and Direct Deposit information on it?

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

The IRS is in the process of creating a sit

If you only want to change your Direct Deposit Information

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cynthiaxr
Returning Member

After you file

i think i mest up my stimulus too.. i dont know if  i was supposed to put how much i get from my ssi  or put 0 because i dont work. i put how much my ssi is a year.i need to talk t somebody but cant figure it out.

JennyDillon1989
Returning Member

After you file

I was just trying to figure out signing up for the stimulus check and I was shown that I had filed for taxes and I was told by you people that you would have to sign up under turbo taxes for the money on stimulus check so I need help with getting the tax filing off of here because even worse things are you gotten me charged by the irs now