New Member

I received a 1099-INT after filing with interest income of $18.54. Is it necessary that I amend?

Level 15

After you file

Perhaps, if it changes your tax.

Personally I would not go to the trouble.  I would just let the IRS figure it out in a year or so and send me a bill plus interest and just pay that.   The tax can't be more than a few dollars and the interest only a few cents on that.  You can mail the payment in for the price of a stamp, but the postage to mail the entire amended return would probably cost more than the tax and interest (if you mail certified which you should for an amended return.).

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post