HonestJoe

Anyone with the path message update to 2 bars?

After you file

No.  The IRS has stated that, once accepted, no further updates for these will be posted until Feb 15.

JannieG

After you file

A lot of people are getting that message but are not eic/actc filers. Im one of those people. Im not a path filer and i woke up to the message too. I believe it's a generic message and will show up after your taxes are complete. If you filed those credits i wouldnt expect it to go away. However, if you didnt use the credits then expect a ddd soon! 🙂
HonestJoe

After you file

@JannieG only eic or actc are getting the message,  you can qualify for eic if you have low income,  did you get any extra cash in your return? if you're getting back more than u gave them,  it's eic
JannieG

After you file

No, we have a large income and can not use the eic or the actc. We exceed the eic. We do a regular return where we do write offs and regular deductions. It's a much lesser deduction but we are better off using it.   I have seen on the web where other non path filers are getting the same message as i am.  I believe its a generic message used after taxes are done processing. If you are a path filer you will  not see your funds until 2/15. For those of use who are regular filers we will see a ddd soon
HonestJoe

After you file

@JannieG u better go back and look at your return and see which credits you have,  I seen people with 2 bars,  ddd of 1/27 2/1 2/3 2/6 2/7 2/8 so far,  if u didn't have the credits you would of got 2 bars and a DDD,  it's not generic like u say it is. it's approved message for people with credits
JannieG

After you file

@Tax Pro  i can appreciate your concern but im telling you. Ive been doing my  taxes for over 17 years with an income that exceeds the EIC by more than double. I can NOT claim these credits. It could not happen and if i tried, the irs would laugh at me.  I can only claim a single child tax credit of 2000.. thats it. Nothing else. The rest of my deductions of strictly business related, donations and medical.  I have no credits outside of the 1 single child tax credit and that credit is not included in the path. We make to much money to get any real tax breaks. We pay more than we get back. Making a higher income on the country is a curse. The more you make the more you pay in and the less breaks and cash you get back. 🙂
JannieG

After you file

@tax Pro  you need to look around outside of tt and see what is happening.  Im not the only non path filer that is receiving the message. There are plenty of people out there that also received the message and got an actual deposit. Facebook and wheresmyrefund.com have plenty of people just like me. Telling people who are not path filers that they ARE indeed path filers is very BAD information.  Had i been less knowledgeable  i might have believed you. You could make people panic and its not necessary.
HonestJoe

After you file

panic? I'm all over Facebook,  I see many people posting,  oath act means approved plan and simple @JannieG take it for me giving you knowledge,  not gleaming you panic,  no reason for that
JannieG

After you file

Im trying to enlighten you @Tax Pro . If you will go to "where's my refund" on Facebook, you will see many people who have incomes that exceed eic and actc , who received the path message and also received a DD and/or DDD.  And yes, panic is the correct word.. have you not noticed the people on here panicking because they either think their returns are under review or they  think they are being audited because of the path message they awoke to?  You tried to tell me that i had to be a path filer in order to have that message.. which i clearly explained i am not. Im not mad at you or anything , im just trying to clear the air for anyone who reads this thread. People get crazy emotional when it comes to their money. Thats why we are all on here.