After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

So I filed 1/23 and accepted 1/24 after not receiving my refund I contacted the IRS and they told me I was “suppose” to get a letter but hadn’t received it yet. I received letter 3/5/18 and successfully verified my identity 3/5/18.. I claimed EITC, I’m a single mom and need my money back in hopes of getting my car fixed. Can anyone give me hope? 9 weeks is so unacceptable 

WillK
Intuit Alumni

After you file

The IRS states it can take up to 9 weeks for them to process your paperwork and release your refund. Some taxpayers that are in similar situation as yours have reported that it has taken 5-6 weeks for some to receive their refunds. Keep in mind each taxpayers situation is unique and it could take the full 9 weeks. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

After you file

I filed 2/7, got ltr 5071C on 3/8, & verified my identity online & received confirmation that it was complete & verified. Then on 3/11 received ltr 4883c, & called & verified my identity a 2nd time & passed. Was told to wait 2-3 wks before checking wmr, b/c I'm still getting the same msg as if I didn't file but should get my refund in 9 wks.  WTH! Has anyone else had this problem?"

After you file

@mobettacarter what happened was when you thought you had verified on line it really did not go threw. That is why you had to verify the second time.the internet verification tool has been down for about 2 1/2 months and the IRS didn't mention it to anyone. Now that you verified you should be ok.

After you file

I verified on the 8th of March, on the 11th of march they sent my return back to processing, I am a weekly, I only update once a week , so I should update between now and Saturday. Hopefully

After you file

I verified feb 19th and still waiting I got cycle code of 20191005 don’t know what that mean @stephen8335

After you file

@stephen8335  as I asked @shenilastevenske  would that translate to date 05/10/2019 ? Where did you all get the cycle date at ? Only thing I've been going by has been WMR site ..

After you file

I don’t know I was asking I never knew how to read them @lisanew1981 and you can get that off ur return transcript

After you file

@shenilastevenske  oh I see what your saying .. I've never gotten the transcript .. I don't have any loans out or major credit cards ( don't trust anyone with my $ but me ) so trying to verify to get them sent has been an issue .. I googled cycle date for irs an got
" A billing cycle is the interval of time from the end of one billing, or invoice, statement date to the next billing statement date for goods or services that a company provides on a recurring basis."

They also have info if you Google it about the master File and what the numbers mean . @stephen8335 it says 20191005 means " Your cycle code can be found on your "account" transcript displayed as an eight digit ... 20191005, Thursday, March 7, 2019." ..

After you file

No update for me , I cant even look at my transcripts!!!!
steve3583

After you file

Still no update and was told today my return is waiting to be processed.

After you file

Call a taxpayer advocate it’s your best option

After you file

I did call today , she told me because I had to verify,  that I was not eligible to do so.
gavynlyle

After you file

I filed on 1/31 and they were accepted the same day. A few days later I started getting the error message and when I called I was told the letter was in the mail. I received it on 2/25 and was able to get through to verify on 2/27. She said wmr would update in a week and a half to two weeks so I called back on 3/21 after 3 weeks. They said everything looked fine, nothing else was needed and I would just have to wait up to 9 weeks. She also said some people’s wmr will never update to processing, just a ddd when there is one. This is so irritating.

After you file

I had to verify too but they still expedited my return