New Member

I claimed myself but my parents need to claim me , how can we fix this

New Member

After you file

You will need to wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected. If rejected, you may correct and resubmit. If it is accepted, you will need to file an amendment, and that will not be ready until mid-February.

When the amend instructions have been posted and form 1040X finalized, they will appear in this TurboTax FAQ .

Also, your parents will need to file by mail this year. If they try to e-file, it will be rejected because your amendment will not have processed until after the e-filing deadline.