ALAB

Requested to receive refund via direct deposit, checked "Where's my refund" says I will be receiving a paper check. Filed docs with bank account number, why the switch?

Bank has not denied deposit.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

If the IRS encounters any problem sending the direct deposit, they change it to a check sent by mail. They don't spend any time trying to figure out why the direct deposit didn't work, or trying to make it work. Also, they will not send more than three direct deposit refunds to the same bank account. Any additional refunds are sent by mail.

It's possible that the direct deposit never got to your bank. Ask the bank what the correct routing number is for direct deposits, and make sure you entered it correctly. Also double-check the account number that you entered.

After you file

This is such BS. I have been filing with TT for 10 years and 5 have been with the same bank account never had a problem. Now all the sudden this year there are all kinds of problems and excuses. It’s ridiculous how hard it is to get your own money back around tax time. If I wanted my check mailed I would have asked for a paper check. Some of need our own money in a timely fashion and all of the BS this tax season is RIDICULOUS!