New Member

I received 873.75 additional one time income and paid 192.23 in fed tax . do I need to amend my return and will it make a difference if any on return?

Intuit Alumni

After you file

It may not make a difference in your tax liability, but it is required to file an amended return if you did not report all of your income on the original tax return. 

Wait until the original has processed, the IRS may catch and correct the error. 

Be sure to address the issue with the state tax if you live in a state with income tax. 


View solution in original post