Not applicable

I already e-filed, but I made a mistake with payment method (wrong checking account #). How can I correct this before posting date of 4/18 ?

New Member

After you file

Once your return is accepted, you can't change any of the payments details, but, you can cancel the electronic withdrawal payment and use another payment method.

You can call IRS e-file Payment Services anytime at 1-888-353-4537, 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted to cancel your payment. 

You must cancel your payment 2 business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

Check out "Cancellations, Errors and Questions" from IRS link below "Pay Taxes by Electronic Funds Withdrawal"

To setup new payments directly through IRS and state websites:

Visit and choose a payment option instead of paying through TurboTax. 

Guidelines vary per state. Check out your state's link below for more information on changing a direct debit payment date: