New Member

My son 17 years old earned $2,654 in 2016 and got a W-2. Do I need to include his W-2 in my filing?

Level 12

After you file

No, your son would file his own return. 

With income that low, he doesn't have a filing requirement, so he would only need to file a return if there is federal withholding shown on Box 2 of the W2 that he wants to get refunded.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post