Unemployment refunds

I was wondering if I didnt opt to have taxes withheld from my weekly unemployment benefits and I was an early filer before the new unemployment tax exempt was put into place so they would have taken those said taxes then correct ? So should i still be receiving some type of additional refund ? I'm head of household and have one ddependent all I had was unemployment income that year and it allowed me to use the year before income. Should I look into this or am i probably no due an additional refund?

MelodyB
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you filed your tax return before the law was enacted then the IRS will automatically send the refund, if the adjustment did not affect other areas of your tax return.  The IRS has been making adjustments on tax returns and issuing refunds.  If you have not received your refund yet, the IRS has said that they will be sending refunds throughout the summer which doesn’t officially end until September 22nd.  

Additional information can be found here: https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/am-i-eligible-for-the-new-unemployment-income-relief-49427... 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks,  I have seen all that information though I dont believe that it would affect other areas of my return only due to the fact that i am a single parent head of household and claim my son as a dependent so i usually receive the maximum refund with the ctc and eitc atleast this has been true in my experience