According to info on the healthcare.gov site, the latest Covid pkg waives repayment of the ACA subsidy regardless of income for 2020. TTax is showing repayment for me.

From the healthcare.gov site as of 3/31/21:

"Q. What happens if my income changes and my premium subsidy is too big? Will I have to repay it?

A. For the 2020 plan year, the answer is no. This is due to the American Rescue Plan (ARP), which was signed into law by President Biden in March 2021. The ARP provides a one-time relief from excess premium subsidy repayments, but it’s only for the 2020 plan year."
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

We are aware of the change in the law.

However, TurboTax (like other software vendors) has to wait for guidance from the IRS on how to deal with all the items that are impacted by this change in the law.

For example, taxpayers who have to repay excess Premium Tax Credit are normally allowed to apply this amount to the Self-employment health insurance deduction on Schedule 1 (1040). Will that still be true when the IRS releases its guidance? TurboTax does this transfer automatically, so we need to know if that will change.

And the values of the Self-employed health insurance deduction and the Self-employed deduction for SIMPLE, SEP, and other retirement plans have a peculiar interaction such that an increase in one may decrease the other.

And there are other situations in which eliminating the PTC repayment will have unpredictable results.

So TurboTax is not doing nothing, but it would be foolish to make code changes and do all the testing, just to find out that the guidance was different what we thought it would be.

We will make the changes and release them as soon as practicable.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"