gdock99

Turbo Tax updates

How do I know if Turbo Tax 2020 was updated for the American Rescue Plan? I had done my 2020 taxes before the American Rescue Plan was signed. My last update was March 18, 2021 but it does not say what was done in the update. When I connected to the 2020 file there was no change in my refund. As I had unemployment tax taken out and under the income level I should have seen an increase in my refund. How is a person able to see if Turbo Tax 2020 was updated for the American Rescue Plan? 

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Did you use the Online software or the Desktop Software? The Online software has the updates, however, the Desktop version, does not.

Since you already filed, no changes are needed, because the IRS will make the adjustment on their end.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for more information, How will the third stimulus impact me? - TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gdock99

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I had finished my taxes using Turbo Tax Deluxe before the program was updated for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. My original question was when Turbo Tax would update the program. A few days ago I launched Turbo Tax and there was a program update. After that was installed my refund increased by the amount of Federal taxes taken out for my unemployment. By the increased refund I take it that Turbo Tax did update the program for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. It would be nice when Turbo does an update they would give more information what the update actually installed and why.