ZSha
Level 3

Can't E-file NY State Tax SECOND YEAR IN A ROW.

Using turbotax self employed online. Already e-filed federal but TT is not letting me E-file NY state return. Exact same problem happened last time. Because of that, I made sure to not write any 0's in any of the forms.

The message I am getting is "E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed. Make sure to mail your return by your state's due date."

Turbotax. Why are you involved in such FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY? You charge my CC first and THEN tell me I can't E-file.  Two years in a row? If you want NY state and its residents to sue you, why not just ask directly?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Turbo Tax facilitates the process of filing both your federal and state returns whether done via e-file or mail; your return still has to be computed electronically first for you to subsequently generate a print out to mail. If your return includes an unsupported e-file form then yes you will need to send those documents in to your state by mail. You may review the NY State forms availability list here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ZSha
Level 3

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@EbonyA 

Please save me the bull**bleep**. Go and do some research on this topic before giving your "expert opinion".

Its a glitch in TT and hundreds of other people are reporting it on TT forums. NY requires E-filing of taxes if the software being used supports it. TT clearly supports E-filing, but for NY, a couple of years in a row, it has refused to fix the glitch which is giving an error message while E-filing.