How can I edit a 1099-Int recipient address in the 1099-Int Worksheet? The import messed up the recipient address because it had too many lines apparently.

I'm getting a "check this entry" because the zip code, which is correct, doesn't match the state, which is incorrect because the import pulled the wrong lines into the address field.  It's refusing to allow me to efile.
Cmoon
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

go back to 1099s in the step by step then switch to forms and correct it if that fails delete that 1099 and do a new one manualy (with out import)

Thanks.  The online version doesn't have a "forms" mode.  At final-check time it presented me an image of the form it thought had the wrong zip code.  It wanted me to edit the zip code, and it wouldn't let me fix the incorrect state that was the real problem.  Deleting the imported 1099s, because TurboTax imported optional address information incorrectly, and then manually entering the important 1099 information seemed like an ugly workaround.  I chose the equally ugly but easier hack of entering a valid zip code for the bogus state it imported.  That got TurboTax past the silly check.  None of this optional address information shows up if you were to print out your return and file anyway.  If you manually enter the 1099-Int data it doesn't even have a field to enter this address data.  Once I entered a valid zip for the bogus state it imported, TurboTax was happy.  I efiled and the state and federal returns have already been accepted.

In 2020, getting past the "silly check" worked, and you went your merry way.

In 2022, the final check before filing now catches it, and you're hosed.

Andadoe

In 2023, you should re-do the 1099-INT document submission. Instead of snapping a picture with the QR code service, have them pull it directly from your bank-- it won't ask for any address and it will pass the silly check at the end.

This happened to me too--with THREE 1099-INTs.  In two cases, Turbo Tax incorrectly loaded the two-digit state and that didn't align with the ZIP code, it rejected it when I went to electronically file.  In the third issue I had, Turbo Tax was looking for some supposedly missing CUSIP number on a 1099-INT that wasn't there to begin with.

The easiest way for me to correct this was to back to the Income section, delete the original record for the 1099-INT, and THEN manually re-enter the 1099-INT information (which for me consisted of only the name of the financial institution and the amount of interest in box 1--it doesn't ask you to input the bank or taxpayer addresses when manually entering).  

It's probably best to delete the erroneous original FIRST, because if you instead first manually re-enter the information (so at that moment both records are there), it is hard to tell which is the "wrong" one to delete, and which is the "right" one that you manually just-re-entered, because the only information that displays on BOTH records is the name of the financial institution and the dollar amount.  In one of my three glitches, I inadvertently deleted the "right" 1099-INT that I had just manually entered (instead of the wrong one), and so the same error popped up when I went to electronically file.  

roxgentile
Returning Member

Actually the silly check still happens when I'm trying to submit my 2023 taxes. For one particular Payer (imported directly from bank), my address and zip seem to be mingled with theirs. Manually editing the chunk of return it shows almost works, but there's no way to review or update the information without just deleting and manually entering it.