New Member

My son was still in high school for 5 months in 2016. even though he has turned 19 and has a little income, can I claim him as a dependent

New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

As long as he did not provide more than half of his support, lived with you for over half the year, and was a full time student for at least part of any five months, you can claim him.

View solution in original post