Do I need to change the old address on my 1099-SA?

I moved in 2018, but forgot to update my address with the bank that handles my HSA, so my form 1099-SA has the old address on it.

Now when I enter my 1099-SA info in TurboTax it wants to verify my information, but they have my new address, and my form in question has the old address.

I just went online to my HSA bank and updated my address, but that doesn't change the 1099-SA with the old address.

My question: since I did update my address with the bank, am I fine to leave the current address info in TT that shows the current address, or should I change it to the old address to reflect what the actual 1099-SA shows?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No worries - it doesn't matter what address shows in TurboTax, and you can enter the new one into the program. The IRS has that form and the important issue here is that you are reporting your distribution/contribution amounts and codes exactly as they appear on the form; and that your social security number is correct.   Also, since you have updated the address with the bank, you won't have that issue going forward. 

View solution in original post