Level 1

I filed bankruptcy in 2018 and Bluegreen sent me a 1099-A The timeshare was included in the bankruptcy. Do I need to report this. If I do how do I get the 1099-A page ?

Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You may get Form 1099-A (Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property) if your lender foreclosed on your mortgage or repossessed property as a result of a defaulted loan.

If your 1099-A is for personal property, like your personal residence or automobile, you don't need to report it. However, hang onto this form and keep it with your tax records.

On the other hand, if you got a 1099-A for business or investment property (like a rental), we highly recommend that you consult a tax professional for further advice.


The Timeshare would be considered personal property.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post