Form 1099 INT

I received and entered a 1099-INT from my bank with saving bond interest in box 3 and no other entry.  Turbo tax has entered this value correctly in Box 3 plus a $0 entry in box 1 and flagged it as an error.  This can not be cleared in forms or anything and now I can not e-file.  It tells me to enter the $0 interest elsewhere with a different payer but otherwise will not let me get rid of it.  What do I do?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can try entering $1 in Box 1 of your 1099-INT in order to bypass the e-file rejection. You will pay tax on an extra dollar of income, but it will be cheaper than the postage to mail your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Good thought but it will not work since TT is complaining that I cannot mix SB interest and regular interest on the same

1099 and to remove the $0 and enter it on another 1099, except this still leaves the original $0 there as an error.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Are you able to delete the 1099-Int and re-enter?  If you cannot, have you tried leaving TurboTax and going back in to delete the 1099-Int?

Are you able to delete Schedule B and re-enter?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Deleting the 1099-INT and then re-entering it after restarting TT and installing the latest update corrected the problem and let me e-file.  Problem fixed.