kbrock45

I e file on march14 and was accepted within the hour, today is March27 and still nothing but a processing bar. I don’t have any debt or offsets. How much longer before DD

It has never took this long. I usually get my DD the following week. Online and the app both say still processing, and the phone number said I don’t have any offsets, what’s taking so long.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Delays have been common this year. The processing bar simply means the return is in the final stages of processing before approval.

If the IRS has not mailed you a request for more information, there is nothing that needs to be done on your part.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Receipt/Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. 

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.