Didn't receive MA 1099-HC

I am work in Massachusetts, and I am enrolled in my mother's health plan.  The Massachusetts state return is asking for information from form MA 1099-HC, which I did not receive.  How should I complete the form?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

First, it's your responsibility to determine whether your insurance meets Massachusetts MCC requirements. See here for more info:

As you are covered by your mother's insurance, complete the Massachusetts Health Insurance interview as follows:

Enter the insurance company name and the subscriber number (your mother's, if you don't have your own subscriber/member number), but leave the FID blank. When asked if you received a 1099-HC, answer "No". You may see an error during the state review, which you can ignore.

View solution in original post

pherman

I don't have an MA1099HC, and therefore no FID. My insurer says I don't need one I'm trying to efile my MA state return and it won't file unless I provide a FID. what do I do?
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, are you listed on a parent's policy or someone else's? If so, provide the FID on their policy just to move past the error message.

@pherman 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"