New Member

My son is 17 I claim him as dependent he also has made almost 8000 this year do I claim that on my taxes?

Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can claim him if otherwise qualified to do so.  He should file his own return reporting that income taking care to check the box saying that someone else can claim him.

View solution in original post

Level 3

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, your son will need to file his own return even though you are claiming him as a dependent. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"