If I'm a minor (seventeen) and have to file taxes but no one can claim me as a dependent what do I do?

My mother is disabled and does not fill out taxes since she lives off the government with SSI. 

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If your father or other relative does not live with you and  nobody can claim you then don't check the box that another taxpayer can claim you.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

What would that do? What would happen then? Would I be claiming myself? Would no one claim me?

Yes.  That is how you claim yourself if another taxpayer cannot claim you.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Oh okay! Thank you so much for the help! Would the returns be about the same?

That depends on the amount of income.  When no one can claim you then you get all the credits instead of them.

Answered in comments.

View solution in original post