My 2017 returns were rejected on October 16 (I filed OCt15) I missed the October 20 deadline, how can I fix and resubmit my return?

My 2017 returns were rejected on October 16 (I filed OCt15) I missed the October 20 deadline, how can I fix and resubmit my return?

Turbotax had a page saying the would walk me through the return to correct mistakes, but all I get now is "to download turboTax software"

What do I do?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It's too late to resubmit a 2017 e-file. You can no longer modify or fix a 2017 tax return in TurboTax Online, and a 2017 tax return can no longer be e-filed. You have to complete your 2017 return using the CD or download TurboTax software, and you have to print it, sign it, and file it by mail. Download the TurboTax software and the .tax2017 data file for your return, and use the software to complete the return and print it for filing.

When you file by mail, you have to attach copies of your W-2s and any 1099-Rs that have tax withheld. TurboTax will print a page of filing instructions with the address to mail the return to. There will be a separate page of instructions, with a different address, for your state return. We recommend mailing the returns using a service that provides tracking and confirmation of delivery, such as certified mail with a return receipt.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The FAQ at the following link will give you instructions for completing the 2017 tax return that you started in TurboTax Online.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...>