New Member

Can I claim a refund if I receive ssi and public assistance only in ny

Am I entitled to any credit or refund if I receive ssi in New York 

Level 3

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, in order to claim a credit or refund you would have to have reportable income.  Neither SSI or Public Assistance is reportable, so you would not be able to file a return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post