I'm American Indian what would I put on the health insurance question being I don't have to have it due to me being American Indian.

ddaven12

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Anyone on your taxes who belongs to a federally-recognized Indian tribe or is eligible to receive health care services through the Indian Health Service, tribes and tribal organizations, or urban Indian organizations, is eligible to get the tax penalty for going without health insurance in 2016 waived.

Please follow the steps below to enter the Health Coverage in TurboTax Online:

Sign into your TurboTax Online account.

Go to Federal Taxes then Health Insurance.

Next you will see the question "Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016"?, select "I didn't have it at any point".

Click Continue then you will see " Did you have a situation that waives the tax penalty for being uninsured"? 

Scroll down to "Wasn't required to get Insurance". Then check the box that says Indian tribe member or eligible for Indian health care.

Then select Continue and enter the months that you had coverage.

**Please note** The Health Insurance Marketplace may follow up to request documents confirming your tribe membership or eligibility for services from the Indian Health Service, a tribal care provider, or an urban Indian health care provider.

I have attached screenshots below for assistance. 

View solution in original post