New Member

I am a W-2 employee plus I am an independent contractor which version of tubo tax do I use. I have used the self-employed the last few years but my situation has changed

Level 1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

TurboTax Self Employed (Online) and TurboTax Home & Business (Desktop) support filing W-2 forms for employees, and 1099-MISC forms for contractors. Each supports Schedule C for sole proprietorship businesses as well.

If you operate a business as an independent contractor that is not a sole proprietorship (Corporation, S-Corp, Partnership), then you would use two separate TurboTax products; one for your business return (TurboTax Business) and one for your individual return.

View solution in original post