GeneJ
Returning Member

Recently divorced, I am filing as Head of Household for the first time. How do my ex-husband and I split Schedule H?

IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Just enter your portion of the payments and taxes withheld.

Schedule H will calculate the Household Employment Taxes you owe, but you also need to enter any state/local tax payments you paid under "estimated taxes."

Prepare Schedule H

To prepare a Schedule H in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Other Tax Situations.  [In TT Self-Employed: Personal > Personal Income > I’ll choose what I work on > Other Tax Situations.]
  2. Scroll down to the Additional Tax Payments section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to Nanny and Household Employee Tax.
  3. Continue through the screens, entering the required information.

Enter tax payments

Federal withholding is reported in the process of preparing Schedule H.  To report any state/local tax payments you made, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal TaxesDeductions & Credits.  [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Deductions & Credits]
  2. In the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section, click on the Start/Update box next to Estimates.
  3. On the next screen, click on the Start/Revisit box next to State [or local] estimated taxes for 2016. 
  4. Enter your payment(s) on the next screen, How much did you pay in State [or local] estimated taxes? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"