New Member

My new return (2017)will change because household no longer has self employed income. How do I start using turbo tax without this income?

No longer self employed. Retired.  How willl I change form to file for new tax year?

Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Did you close your business in 2016, or in early 2017?  Once you've begun your 2017 return in TurboTax online, your prior year's information will automatically transfer into the 2017 return.

You'll need to delete your Schedule C that has transferred over from your prior year.  See the TurboTax FAQ below for information on how to proceed.  If you have any business assets that you are depreciating, you'll need to properly report disposal of those, as well as report the closure of your business.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***