New Member

I have a 1099-Misc . I am not self employed. This is a tax from GM for them providing us with legal representation when we need it. How do I enter it?

There is no way to do it with the questions I am being asked by TurboTax
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

This amount on your form 1099-MISC should be reported as Other Reportable Income.

In TurboTax, open your return and follow these steps:

  • Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Wages and Income on top of the screen
  • Scroll down to All Income, locate the Less Common Income section
  • Click Show more and click Start next to Miscellaneous Income at the bottom and click Show More
  • On the next page, click Start next to Other Reportable Income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post